Thursday, August 6, 2009

Books For Beginners

Hey Everyone (again),
I understand that it is difficult to know where to find information when you are starting studying Wicca.  Personally, I really enjoy learning from books because you can take them pretty much anywhere.  I have read a lot of books related to Wicca and Witchcraft but there is one book I strongly recommend for beginners, or even trained Witches because it has all the information you need in one book.  
Solitary Witch by Silver Ravenwolf is my #1 recommendation because it is a very good price for all the information it holds, there is info about all the Sabbats and the Esbats, it explains a little bit about astrology and tarot (I will write more about tarot later), and how to set up your altar and prepare for Sabbat and Esbat rituals.  Where I live, there are not a large selection of Silver Ravenwolf books, so I do not have all of the books I wish to have.  But the other books of hers I really want to get is Teen Witch, because it is focused on teen witches (Duh..) and it has spells and information that applies more to Teens and is easier to understand.  Also she has a serious of three that go more into depth about Wicca and Witchcraft.  The series consists of To Ride a Silver Broomstick, To Stir a Magick Cauldron, and To Light a Sacred Flame.  I have To Ride a Silver Broomstick, and it is an absolute amazing book, it is really good if you know the basics and want to learn more.  I am not trying to sell anything but these are just really good books that I strongly recommend.
I will add more books later when I get a chance. 

Blessed Be!
WiccaGirl101

No comments:

Post a Comment