Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Buffy Legacy


Hey Everyone,
I just finished watching the last episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and it was really sad to watch.  I have loved this show for quite a while, and it was always something to look forward to, seeing the how it would change and what twist and turns they would throw me through, and all the while, I was loving every second of it.  I will admit that through the last episode, I cried because I knew it would be the last leg of the Buffy legacy, that we wouldn't see Sarah Michelle Gellar playing our magnificent Buffy.  I  believe that Buffy is a true legacy and it will live on through the ages, that 10, 15 or even 25 years from now, people will still be watching, laughing and crying through all of it.  Joss Whedon is the single most amazing writer/producer in history.  All of his shows have been amazing and he was the creator of the Buffy legacy.  For that he will live on in history for eternity.  He draws you into the shows and he makes sure you stay hooked.  He uses so many metaphors to help us understand for every part of adolescence and learn who we are.  Some people think I am weird for loving Buffy the Vampire Slayer with the passion that I do, some people believe that it is an escape, and sometimes it is, but at the same time, it helps me deal with the the struggles of being a teenager.  It is the show that has made things that used to be true sins, alright.  Like Wicca, power for women, homosexuality and so much more.  Life for me is better thanks to Joss Whedon and the work of all the magnificent cast and crew.

Thank you for reading, check back tomorrow for more!

Blessed Be!
WiccaGirl101

No comments:

Post a Comment